Name: German Gurevich.
Birth Data: 1934, Leningrad, USSR.
Arrival in Israel: 1990.
Address: St. Shimon, 7/18, Arad 89024, Israel.
Education 1951 – 1957 Leningrad Polytechnic Institute, Energy Machine Faculty.
Speciality – Turbine Engineering.
1991 – 2005 Dead Sea Works, Israel.
Position: Adjusting Vibration Engineer.
Duties: Measurement, Diagnostics, Balancing and Removal of Vibration.
Equipment: Turbo and Diesel Generators (to 50 MWt), Pumps,Funs etc.
1972 -1990 Special Enterprise «Len-energo-remont», Leningrad.
Position: First Engineer, Turbine Department.
Duties: Repair and Service at the Thermal and Nuclear Power Stations.
Research and Removal of Vibration. Alignment.
Equipment: Turbo Generators (6 – 500 MWt), Pumps etc.
1962 – 1971 Central Boiler and Turbine Research Institute, Leningrad.
Position: Senior Engineer, Steam Turbine Department.
Duties: Creep and Long Term Strength Tests of Turbine Details.
Tests of Turbines at the Power Stations.
1957 -1962 Machine Building Works, Leningrad.
Position: Design Engineer, Turbine Department.
Duties: Strength and Vibration Calculations of Turbine Details.
Language Proficiency: Russian, English, Hebrew.
PATENTS, ARTICLES etc.
Patents: 1. Method of Bearing Alignment. 489882, 1973.
2. Coupling of Rotors. 706597, 1975.
3. Coupling. 796515, 1975.
4. Dismantled Casing of Turbo Units. 926973, 1980.
5. Alignment of Multi Cylinder Turbine
with Segmental Bearings 1089281, 1983.
6. Static Balancing of Turbine Blade Set. 1473495, 1986.
Articles: 1. Problems of Strength, No.2, 1971, Kiev.
Some Results in Driving Away Tests of Steel Disks Model to Rupture.
2. Energetic, No.1, 1981, Moscow.
Alignment of Multi Cylinder Turbine with Nomogram.
3. Geodesia and Cartografija, No.9, 1982, Novosibirsk.
Research of Upper Part Foundation Deformation of
4. Power Stations, No.1, 1984, Moscow.
Research of Deformations in Turbine K-500-65 and its Foundation.
5. The Shock and Vibration Digest, No.2, 1996, IL USA.
Misalignment and Vibration.
6. The Shock and Vibration Digest, No.5, 1996, IL USA.
Complete Vibration-Diagnostic Condition Monitoring for
Powerful Turbo Generator.
Reports: 1. New Technology of Steam Turbine Centering. Kaunas, 1975.
2. Alignment of Turbine K-500-65 at Leningrad Nuclear Power Station
with Consideration of Foundation Deformation. Moscow, 1980.
3. Peculiarities in Repairing of Turbine Equipment at Nuclear
Power Stations. Moscow, 1981.
4. Application of Russian Vibration Adjustment Experience
in Israel. Tel-Aviv, 1993.
5. Diagnostics of Cracks in Turbogenerator Rotor. New Orlean, . USA, 1997.
6. Alignment and Vibration Problems at Large Diesel Engines.
Israel, Sedom, 1998.
7. About Necessity or Absurdity of Turbogenerator Balancing.
Awards at Exhibition of Economy Achievements in Moscow: 1. Bronze Medal for Turbine Centering with Special Measuring Apparatus. Certificate 2653, 1974. 2. Silver Medal for Turbine Bearings Alignment at Nuclear Power Stations. Certificate 4559, 1983.